Hello. Hi. I guess this is where I introduce myself and explain the inspiration/purpose of this venture. The funny thing is I have no idea where to begin.
Let’s start with the title. “More is not enough” makes me sound like a glutton or a James Bond villain or both. But I am neither—even though I would love to be 007 baddie. It is, however, the way I want to live my life. That’s probably why I fell in love with those words as the title for this: my first grown-up blog.
Beyond that, I am twenty-four years old—dreading twenty-five; unemployed—dreading my next job; and single—dreading another relationship. After learning just these basic facts, is it any surprise that I am in the midst of the all-too cliché yet all-too ubiquitous quarter-life crisis.
Yet, irony is also ever-present: I am happier in my present state than most of my friends are and I was in the employed state.
And, for now, that is just enough...
But there will definitely be more.
Let’s start with the title. “More is not enough” makes me sound like a glutton or a James Bond villain or both. But I am neither—even though I would love to be 007 baddie. It is, however, the way I want to live my life. That’s probably why I fell in love with those words as the title for this: my first grown-up blog.
Beyond that, I am twenty-four years old—dreading twenty-five; unemployed—dreading my next job; and single—dreading another relationship. After learning just these basic facts, is it any surprise that I am in the midst of the all-too cliché yet all-too ubiquitous quarter-life crisis.
Yet, irony is also ever-present: I am happier in my present state than most of my friends are and I was in the employed state.
And, for now, that is just enough...
But there will definitely be more.
No comments:
Post a Comment